In certain circumstances we may provide your Personal Information to third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may provide Personal Information to vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, email communication software, and web analytics services, among others. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store Personal Information only in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in strategic transactions, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, or transition of service to another provider (collectively, a "Transaction"), your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: We may share your Personal Information, including information about your interaction with our Services, with government authorities, industry peers, or other third parties (i) if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, (ii) to protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) if we determine, in our sole discretion, that there is a violation of our terms, policies, or the law; (iv) to detect or prevent fraud or other illegal activity; (v) to protect the safety, security, and integrity of our products, employees, or users, or the public, or (vi) to protect against legal liability.
Depending on location, individuals across the globe may have certain statutory rights in relation to their Personal Information. For example, you may have the right to:
- Access your Personal Information and information relating to how it is processed.
- Delete your Personal Information from our records.
- Rectify or update your Personal Information.
- Transfer your Personal Information to a third party (right to data portability).
- Restrict how we process your Personal Information.
- Withdraw your consent—where we rely on consent as the legal basis for processing at any time.
- Object to how we process your Personal Information.
- Lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
You can exercise some of these rights through your OpenAxis account. If you are unable to exercise your rights through your account, please send your request email@example.com.
A note about accuracy: Services like Dex generate responses by reading a user's request and, in response, predicting the words most likely to appear next. In some cases, the words most likely to appear next may not be the most factually accurate. For this reason, you should not rely on the factual accuracy of output from our models. If you notice that our output contains factually inaccurate information about you and you would like us to correct the inaccuracy, you may submit a correction request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Given the technical complexity of how our models work, we may not be able to correct the inaccuracy in every instance. In that case, you may request that we remove your Personal Information from our output by contacting us email@example.com.
We do not use the data uploaded by users for training models at any time.
Additional U.S. State Disclosures
The following table provides additional information about the categories of Personal Information we collect and how we disclose that information. You can read more about the Personal Information we collect in "Personal information we collect" above, how we use Personal Information in "How we use personal information" above, and how we retain Personal Information in "Security and Retention" below.
To the extent provided for by local law and subject to applicable exceptions, individuals may have the following privacy rights in relation to their Personal Information:
- The right to know information about our processing of your Personal Information, including the specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected from you;
- The right to request deletion of your Personal Information;
- The right to correct your Personal Information; and
- The right to be free from discrimination relating to the exercise of any of your privacy rights.
We don't "sell" Personal Information or "share" Personal Information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising (as those terms are defined under applicable local law). We also don't process sensitive Personal Information for the purposes of inferring characteristics about a consumer.
Exercising Your Rights. To the extent applicable under local law, you can exercise privacy rights described in this section by submitting a request firstname.lastname@example.org.
Verification. In order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, change, or deletion, we may require you to verify your credentials before you can submit a request to know, correct, or delete Personal Information. If you do not have an account with us, or if we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity, we may ask you to provide additional Personal Information and proof of residency for verification. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not be able to honor your request.
Authorized Agents. You may also submit a rights request through an authorized agent. If you do so, the agent must present signed written permission to act on your behalf and you may also be required to independently verify your identity and submit proof of your residency with us. Authorized agent requests can be submitted email@example.com.
Appeals. Depending on where you live, you may have the right to appeal a decision we make relating to requests to exercise your rights under applicable local law. To appeal a decision, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 13. OpenAxis does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to OpenAxis through the Service, please email us email@example.com. We will investigate any notification and if appropriate, delete the Personal Information from our systems. If you are 13 or older, but under 18, you must have consent from your parent or guardian to use our Services.
Links to other websites
Security and Retention
We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or email. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third-party websites.
We'll retain your Personal Information for only as long as we need in order to provide our Service to you, or for other legitimate business purposes such as resolving disputes, safety and security reasons, or complying with our legal obligations. How long we retain Personal Information will depend on a number of factors, such as the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, our purpose for processing the information, and any legal requirements.
By using our Service, you understand and acknowledge that your Personal Information will be processed and stored in our facilities and servers in the United States and may be disclosed to our service providers and affiliates in other jurisdictions.
Legal Basis for Processing. Our legal bases for processing your Personal Information include:
- Performance of a contract with you when we provide and maintain our Services. When we process Account Information, Content, and Technical Information solely to provide our Services to you, this information is necessary to be able to provide our Services. If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to provide our Services to you.
- Our legitimate interests in protecting our Services from abuse, fraud, or security risks, or in developing, improving, or promoting our Services, including when we train our models. This may include the processing of Account Information, Content, Social Information, and Technical Information. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how you can opt out of our use of your information to train our models.
- Your consent when we ask for your consent to process your Personal Information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Compliance with our legal obligations when we use your Personal Information to comply with applicable law or when we protect our or our affiliates', users', or third parties' rights, safety, and property.
Data Transfers. We will only transfer Personal Information pursuant to a legally valid transfer mechanism. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place and to obtain a copy of these safeguards, please contact us at the details below.
Data Protection Officer. You can contact our data protection officer email@example.com in matters related to Personal Information processing.
How to contact us